Feeling like adding a little kick to your summer cocktail? The Jalapeño infused Greyhound Spritzer is the perfect refreshing drink to enjoy while kicked back in a lounge chair, swinging on a hammock, or enjoying a late Sunday brunch with friends. Ahh summer, you are the greatest.
Jalapeño Simple Syrup
- equal parts sugar and water (any amount, depending on how much you'd like to make)
- fresh jalapeño strips, a few seeds added in for kick
- Combine the sugar, water and jalapeño strips in a saucepan. Warm over medium-low heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves completely. The longer it simmers on low, the more intense the flavor will become.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. Pour into a glass jar, and store in the refrigerator.
- 2 oz. of your favorite vodka
- 4 oz. fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 oz. grapefruit flavored Perrier
- 1/2 tbl. simple syrup (more or less, to taste)
- Add the ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake to combine.
- Pour in your favorite lowball glassware. Add chilled grapefruit perrier. Top with skinny slice of jalapeño for garnish.